- 170N lifejacket harness, suitable for inshore and offshore sailing
- ISO12402-3 approved
- The only lifejacket harness on the market with BackTow Technology. Our patented BackTow technology functions in a manoverboard situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
- The jacket automatically inflates when water activated using the ProSensor firing head inside the cover.
- After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow handle that is available on top of the right hand lung. The wearer is then turned in to a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
- BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strop and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- Soft Loop attachment point to clip on to
- SOLAS approved water-activated light included (5 year warranty. 8 hour continuous operation once activated)
- Fully integrated Sprayhood included.
- Whistle included
- Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
- Double adjusters on the back for improved comfort and fit
UML ProSensor Firing Head
(TeamO lifejackets come with the ProSensor Firing Head fitted as standard and are our preferred inflation system for TeamO lifejackets.)
The Pro-sensor firing head works using a water activated system. A compressed paper capsule is contained within the firing head. When it becomes wet it dissolves and releases a spring which fires the CO2 cylinder and inflates your lifejacket.
The firing head is designed so that water must travel upwards inside the unit to dissolve the paper pellet. It is then also protected by the lifejacket cover. This means that spray and rain will not cause accidental inflation.
There are two colour tabs on the front of the unit to show the activation status. When both the firing head and the CO2 cylinder show as green marks the lifejacket is armed and ready for use. If one of the marks shows red this indicates that the jacket is not armed and needs to be checked. If the top tab shows red check that the CO2 cylinder is unpunctured and is screwed firmly in to the unit. If the bottom tab show red check that the paper pellet cup is screwed firmly on to the bottom of the firing head.
Hammar Firing Head
The Hammar inflation system works by using water pressure to release a spring and inflate the lifejacket. Unlike the Pro-Sensor described above, the Hammar firing head requires immersion in water to activate - the cap needs to be approximately 10cm underwater to achieve enough water pressure to activate the unit.
The Hammar system is intended for use in more extreme sailing conditions and is therefore often favored by sailors doing offshore sailing as it is less likely to inflate accidentally in weather when there is a lot of water and spray washing over the deck.
Manual Firing Head
UML Manual Only activated Inflations Systems have a Yellow Pull Toggle.
The lifejacket will only inflate after the toggle has been manually deployed by the wearer.
This system may be preferable for sailors who are expecting to sail in more extreme conditions where the wearer may experience more water across the deck than most boats.
Wonderfull product! TeamO is easy to work with and responded to my emails in a very timely manner. The Lifejacket is as advertised, it fits myself 6' 220lbs and also fits my wife of 5' 2" (no I'm not going to put her weight on here). It is a very comfortable jacket that is easy to put on and adjust. I will be recommending this Lifejacket for years to come.
Thank you TeamO