WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 170N AND A 275N LIFEJACKET AND WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU? PLEASE READ OUR GUIDE FOR MORE DETAILS
- 170N lifejacket harness, suitable for inshore and offshore sailing
- ISO12402-3 approved
- The only lifejacket harness on the market with BackTow Technology. Our patented BackTow technology functions in a MOB situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
- Three choices of inflation method: Prosensor Elite, Hammar or Manual. Please see our Inflation Systems Guide here for help choosing the most suitable inflation system for your lifejacket.
- After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow handle that is available on top of the right hand lung. The wearer is then turned in to a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
- BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strop and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- Soft Loop attachment point to clip on to
- SOLAS approved water-activated light included (5 year warranty. 8 hour continuous operation once activated)
- Fully integrated Sprayhood included.
- Whistle included
- Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
- Double adjusters on the back for improved comfort and fit
- Patent number: 2782646
TEAMO'S AWARD-WINNING BACKTOW TECHNOLOGY:
Not sure how BackTow works? Here is a quick 1 minute video showing it in action:
Which buoyancy option should you choose?
TeamO offers lifejackets in two buoyancy options: 170N or 275N.
Which one is right for you depends largely on the type of sailing you are intending on doing. We have written a simple guide here to help you make this decision, but we are always happy to answer any questions as well.
We ship worldwide!
Free Shipping for all UK orders.
£18 for Europe and £30 for Rest of World shipping.
We ship with trusted courier partners. All customers receive a tracking number for their order so you can track the progress of your delivery. For more information please see our Shipping page here.
Great and innovative product, great and caring company. No water test yet. Hope, we'll never need it...
The quality perceived creates confidence.
Arrived promptly. Have yet to use it. Good value with the discount code.
Well made, brilliant concept, a must have for offshore or shorthanded sailing. If you love your loved ones, get them all one!! Great communication from Lauren at Teamo! Well done all at Teamo!!
Luckily, we didn't have to check out the function in water so far ;) But the jackets are very comfortable to wear and easy to adjust (even for slim persons). Furthermore, we could install our MOB1/AIS-systems (from oceansignal), so these jackets will now be our first choice for long distance sailing.
My wife and I are preparing for crossing the Atlantic on our new sailboat and I have been researching which inflatable lifejacket is best. After reading multiple reviews and stalking my favorite sailing youtube personalities we came across TeamO and their BackTow lifejacket and I was sold. A friend of ours died many years ago when he fell off his sailboat and the crew struggled to get him on board. This is why I take so many precautions when prepping for passage and insist on everyone being "hooked in" when on deck, especially at night. We bought the 170N BackTow life jacket because we believe it is the best and safest lifejacket out there. We ordered our lifejacket's during the COVID-19 lockdown and were pleasantly surprised with how quickly Oscar and Lauren responded to my questions and fulfilled our order. Can't wait to hopefully "never use" the BackTow feature!