We're hiring: Production Assistants
TeamO is an award winning design business that creates lifejackets and safety equipment for sailors and people working in the marine industry. We create new technologies based on our sailing experiences to solve challenging problems faced by those working on or around the sea. We’re expanding our team and are looking for two people to join our Production Department as Production Assistants.
POSITION CLOSED - 26/05/20
- Joining our production team based in Woolston, Southampton.
- You will contribute to the production of lifejackets following a technical brief.
- Includes the use of mechanical tools and machinery (training will be given)
- Technical jobs include but are not limited to using an automated pattern sewing machine with templates.
More general parts of the role include:
- Packing product to a set standard ready for Quality Control processes.
- Booking product in to Inventory through a stock control software.
- Helping to process orders for dispatch including picking items for Goods Out as defined by the picking list and packing items as defined by guidelines.
- Creating shipments – book and arrange collection via defined services and courier partners.
- Keep the dispatch area maintained to a clean and organized level at all times.
- Approximately 21 hours per week with some scope for overtime.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A high attention to detail and an ability to work quickly to time targets whilst maintaining accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to follow defined procedures and processes.
- Experience working with machinery (specifically sewing machinery) would be a plus but training will be given for all aspects of the role upon starting.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly via email and on the phone.
- Competent level of IT literacy and the ability to learn new software as required.
- Ideal role for a university student or someone who is looking for part time work.
- Flexible days – 3 days per week. Hours are 8am-4pm with breaks.
- 3 month contract from June – August with option to extend for the right person.
- Free onsite parking
- Free tea and coffee provided
- Being involved in sailing/paddleboarding/marine sports generally would be advantageous.
We are taking all government precautions seriously regarding social distancing in the work place and interviews will take place by phone or video call. Guidance on safe social distancing inside the building during work hours will be provided.
If you would like to find out more about the role please email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com