What is the difference between a 170N and a 275N lifejacket and which one is right for you? Please read our guide for more details
- 170N lifejacket harness, suitable for inshore and offshore sailing
- ISO12402-3 approved
- The only lifejacket harness on the market with BackTow Technology. Our patented BackTow technology functions in a MOB situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
- Three choices of inflation method: Prosensor Elite, Hammar or Manual. Please see our Inflation Systems Guide here for help choosing the most suitable inflation system for your lifejacket.
- After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow handle that is available on top of the right hand lung. The wearer is then turned in to a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
- BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strop and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- Soft Loop attachment point to clip on to, with new 'BackTow Armed' safety check tab next to clip on point. This allows you to see at a glance that the BackTow system is armed and ready for use.
- SOLAS approved water-activated light included (5 year warranty. 8 hour continuous operation once activated)
- Fully integrated sprayhood included
- Whistle included
- Double crotch straps - adjustable length, soft loop attachment point on the back, clips on the waist belt at front
- Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
- New ultra-slim quick burst tab covers to prevent accidental unzipping
- Patent number: 2782646
TeamO's Award-winning BackTow Technology:
Not sure how BackTow works? Here is a quick 1 minute video showing it in action:
Which buoyancy option should you choose?
TeamO offers lifejackets in two buoyancy options: 170N or 275N.
Which one is right for you depends largely on the type of sailing you are intending on doing. We have written a simple guide here to help you make this decision, but we are always happy to answer any questions as well.
We ship worldwide!
Free Shipping for all UK orders.
£18 for Europe and £30 for Rest of World shipping.
We ship with trusted courier partners. All customers receive a tracking number for their order so you can track the progress of your delivery. For more information please see our Shipping page here.
Great industry leading product, speaks for itself!
Amazing service from the Teamo guys too. Quick responses to email queries, great communication, perfect customer service. Very happy customer. Would highly recommend! Thanks guys!
Hoping I never need to use it in anger but so far satisfied with the product.
Fits perfectly, feels lighter than previous version and just love the colour.. !
Initially I didn’t know who to direct my emails to .. but once I found a contact communication ran smoothly.
So far so good. Comfortable. Good packaging.
Excellent quality in the materials used, reenforced stitching, and overall construction. I feel much safer knowing if I go overboard while single-handing that I will be towed on my back. Rather than drowned while being drug facing forward - as is the design flaw of all other PFFs - in my opinion. This back-tow design is a must for any serious sailor.
It is unfortunate that my experience with Teamomarine has been marred by poor communication since I started the process in May and the product was finally delivered in July. It's frustrating when emails go without a response, the phone was never answered and it was a constant push to find out what was happening to my order. I understand there are current supply issues but a short email or text can reassure a customer that they have not been forgotten.
The products, however, are first rate, which is why I stuck with the process. A unique design and quality, I hope I never to have to use them in anger.
Thanks for your feedback. We will reply by email as well, but we wanted to publicly apologise for the slow communication that you experienced during your order. We have made no secret of the fact that production has been incredibly difficult this year, with several of our suppliers either entirely closed or running with long delays on parts which has affected our own UK manufacturing hub. We have done our best to keep communicating that so that customers are kept up to date, but in one or two cases emails have been missed or left unanswered, which is my bad. I can understand why this has created frustration and confusion about the status of your order. Since July we have welcomed a new team member to the business and are implementing new customer service systems so we are working to prevent this happening in future. Thank you for sticking with us, I am so glad to hear that the product meets your expectations. If there is anything else we can help with please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.