WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 170N AND A 275N LIFEJACKET AND WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU? PLEASE READ OUR GUIDE FOR MORE DETAILS
- 170N lifejacket harness, suitable for inshore and offshore sailing
- ISO12402-3 approved
- The only lifejacket harness on the market with BackTow Technology. Our patented BackTow technology functions in a MOB situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
- Three choices of inflation method: Prosensor Elite, Hammar or Manual. Please see our Inflation Systems Guide here for help choosing the most suitable inflation system for your lifejacket.
- After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow handle that is available on top of the right hand lung. The wearer is then turned in to a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
- BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strop and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- Soft Loop attachment point to clip on to
- SOLAS approved water-activated light included (5 year warranty. 8 hour continuous operation once activated)
- Fully integrated Sprayhood included.
- Whistle included
- Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
- Double adjusters on the back for improved comfort and fit
- Patent number: 2782646
TEAMO'S AWARD-WINNING BACKTOW TECHNOLOGY:
Not sure how BackTow works? Here is a quick 1 minute video showing it in action:
Which buoyancy option should you choose?
TeamO offers lifejackets in two buoyancy options: 170N or 275N.
Which one is right for you depends largely on the type of sailing you are intending on doing. We have written a simple guide here to help you make this decision, but we are always happy to answer any questions as well.
We ship worldwide!
Free Shipping for all UK orders, £18 for European deliveries and £30 flat rate for Rest of World shipping.
We ship with trusted courier partners. All customers receive a tracking number for their order so you can track the progress of your delivery. For more information please see our Shipping page here.
I'm really pleased with this lifejacket (170N offshore). It's very comfortable, and a doddle to adjust from hot-and-sunny-summer-sailing to full oilskins. It's also easy to open up and check over. I absolutely love the concept of the back-tow harness - a genuinely brilliant idea which really could actually make the difference between life and death; especially if you do much single- or short-handed sailing, why would you have anything else? I also love the fact that they're a proper, honest-to-goodness UK-made product made by people who sail. Highly recommended.
I have worn this a few times and it’s so comfortable with a jacket on I forgot I was wearing it. I have noticed that there is a loop at the neck for hanging it up that is pretty stiff. I would prefer that sit flatter. All in all, great pfd so far.
Have only worn it for a couple weeks but so far really happy with this lifejacket. It seems well made and fits nicely. As a larger chested lady I was looking for a vest that would not place all the bulk on top of my chest and this has most of it on neck/shoulders, but far enough back on neck that I have full head mobility. My only suggestion would be that the vertical back panel would have adjustable height so I could get the chest strap to truly sit underneath my breasts. I realize this is a specific fit issue that might not apply to most, it still fits better than most all the lifejackets I have tried up until this point. I was surprised to receive my order to the US from the UK really quickly.
After seeing the demonstration of the Back-Tow system on Sailing UMA (YouTube Channel), I was very impressed with the Team0 PFD.
I have only used it once (Sailing Weather in Ireland has been crap) and it's extremely comfortable.
Thankfully I haven't had the opportunity to test the Back-tow system yet :)
Unfortunately I have yet to get out on the water with this lifejacket, due to storms etc. postponing trips out, but my dealings with Team O have been great, thanks!