WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 170N AND A 275N LIFEJACKET AND WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU? PLEASE READ OUR GUIDE FOR MORE DETAILS
- 170N lifejacket harness, suitable for inshore and offshore sailing
- ISO12402-3 approved
- The only lifejacket harness on the market with BackTow Technology. Our patented BackTow technology functions in a MOB situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
- Three choices of inflation method: Prosensor Elite, Hammar or Manual. Please see our Inflation Systems Guide here for help choosing the most suitable inflation system for your lifejacket.
- After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow handle that is available on top of the right hand lung. The wearer is then turned in to a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
- BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strop and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- Soft Loop attachment point to clip on to
- SOLAS approved water-activated light included (5 year warranty. 8 hour continuous operation once activated)
- Fully integrated Sprayhood included.
- Whistle included
- Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
- Double adjusters on the back for improved comfort and fit
- Patent number: 2782646
TEAMO'S AWARD-WINNING BACKTOW TECHNOLOGY:
Not sure how BackTow works? Here is a quick 1 minute video showing it in action:
Which buoyancy option should you choose?
TeamO offers lifejackets in two buoyancy options: 170N or 275N.
Which one is right for you depends largely on the type of sailing you are intending on doing. We have written a simple guide here to help you make this decision, but we are always happy to answer any questions as well.
We ship worldwide!
Free Shipping for all UK orders, £18 for European deliveries and £30 flat rate for Rest of World shipping.
We ship with trusted courier partners. All customers receive a tracking number for their order so you can track the progress of your delivery. For more information please see our Shipping page here.
I have worn this a few times and it’s so comfortable with a jacket on I forgot I was wearing it. I have noticed that there is a loop at the neck for hanging it up that is pretty stiff. I would prefer that sit flatter. All in all, great pfd so far.
Have only worn it for a couple weeks but so far really happy with this lifejacket. It seems well made and fits nicely. As a larger chested lady I was looking for a vest that would not place all the bulk on top of my chest and this has most of it on neck/shoulders, but far enough back on neck that I have full head mobility. My only suggestion would be that the vertical back panel would have adjustable height so I could get the chest strap to truly sit underneath my breasts. I realize this is a specific fit issue that might not apply to most, it still fits better than most all the lifejackets I have tried up until this point. I was surprised to receive my order to the US from the UK really quickly.
After seeing the demonstration of the Back-Tow system on Sailing UMA (YouTube Channel), I was very impressed with the Team0 PFD.
I have only used it once (Sailing Weather in Ireland has been crap) and it's extremely comfortable.
Thankfully I haven't had the opportunity to test the Back-tow system yet :)
Unfortunately I have yet to get out on the water with this lifejacket, due to storms etc. postponing trips out, but my dealings with Team O have been great, thanks!
This company produce some really great gear, and my latest acquisition is the 170N Offshore Backtow Lifejacket. This lifejacket is stylish, and incredibly practical. In a career that has spanned 25 years at sea, this is without doubt the most comfortable and safe jackets that I have ever worn or owned, so much so that I forget that I have a jacket on, a rare thing!! It doesn't press on the neck or restrict your head movement as some do, and whilst I thankfully haven't needed the Backtow technology, itis immensely reassuring to know the jacket is fitted with it. Thanks TeamO, this one is a keeper. M