WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 170N AND A 275N LIFEJACKET AND WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU? PLEASE READ OUR GUIDE FOR MORE DETAILS
- 170N lifejacket harness, suitable for inshore and offshore sailing
- ISO12402-3 approved
- The only lifejacket harness on the market with BackTow Technology. Our patented BackTow technology functions in a MOB situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
- Three choices of inflation method: Prosensor Elite, Hammar or Manual. Please see our Inflation Systems Guide here for help choosing the most suitable inflation system for your lifejacket.
- After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow handle that is available on top of the right hand lung. The wearer is then turned in to a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
- BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strop and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- Soft Loop attachment point to clip on to
- SOLAS approved water-activated light included (5 year warranty. 8 hour continuous operation once activated)
- Fully integrated Sprayhood included.
- Whistle included
- Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
- Double adjusters on the back for improved comfort and fit
- Patent number: 2782646
TEAMO'S AWARD-WINNING BACKTOW TECHNOLOGY:
Not sure how BackTow works? Here is a quick 1 minute video showing it in action:
Which buoyancy option should you choose?
TeamO offers lifejackets in two buoyancy options: 170N or 275N.
Which one is right for you depends largely on the type of sailing you are intending on doing. We have written a simple guide here to help you make this decision, but we are always happy to answer any questions as well.
We ship worldwide!
Free Shipping for all UK orders, £18 for European deliveries and £30 flat rate for Rest of World shipping.
We ship with trusted courier partners. All customers receive a tracking number for their order so you can track the progress of your delivery. For more information please see our Shipping page here.
I just opened my new N170 and am incredibly impressed. The craftsmanship is truly superb.
I spent my entire career of 46yrs. either as a sailmaker or running my own canvas shop for 34 years. It really is a piece of art, hats off to the people who make these. I of course will recommend it as the one to buy.
I was hoping that I ordered it in time for the included tether. Close but no cigar.
Thank you all for working so hard to put out a great product
The whole buying experience was professional and smooth.
Product arrived promptly and very well packed.
Jacket itself appears a very well made, quality product. Clearly in a different league to some of the others I have here.
Neat, tight stow, with a well fitting cover. Supportive harness. Shaped yoke and straps make for a good, snug, yet comfortable fit.
Very comfortable to wear, male 1.8m & 85kg.
My vhf and PLB holsters fitted easily. Sizing adjusts easily to suit appropriate ppe.
I'd v probably give 5 stars once I've had some longer days afloat with it, but quite early days yet...
One of the best LJs I've used during. >40 year career in commercial marine industries.
V pleased, would buy again.
My main reason to buy this life jacket is the backtow which I hopefully will never have to use but looks like a really great feature.
The lifejacket is very comfortable and quite light. The collar sits really nice a bit away from the neck so there is no load directly at the neck as I experienced it with cheaper lifejackets. Fair winds!
I now have 4 TeamO Lifejackets on board my boat. The jacket I wear recently developed a issue with one of the zip. TeamO handled the situation brilliantly - no quibbles, they just replaced the jacket. Outstanding customer service. Just back from an 18 day delivery trip and wore the jacket most of the time. It's super comfortable and I love the security of knowing it has the back-tow mechanism built in, so if I ever were to go overboard I could be dragged backwards in a safe position. Highly recommended - both product and company.
I'm really pleased with this lifejacket (170N offshore). It's very comfortable, and a doddle to adjust from hot-and-sunny-summer-sailing to full oilskins. It's also easy to open up and check over. I absolutely love the concept of the back-tow harness - a genuinely brilliant idea which really could actually make the difference between life and death; especially if you do much single- or short-handed sailing, why would you have anything else? I also love the fact that they're a proper, honest-to-goodness UK-made product made by people who sail. Highly recommended.